Posted to alt.home.repair
SMS SMS is offline

Default Calling SMS...Pool chemicals ... best place...Silicon Valley

On 4/25/2013 5:22 AM, wrote:

How are you going to wire up and control the two speed?
I might do that one day. I was thinking probably easiest is
to just add a SPDT switch in the timer box?

That's what I'm doing. I already added the extra wire and the switch.

I will rarely, if ever, run at high speed. The pool cleaner doesn't
connect to the filtration system so there is not much need for the
higher speed.

Our utility recently sent out a usage profile of electricity to each
customer. The pool pump is by far our largest user of electricity. The
climate here is pretty mild and we use the A/C only 5-10 days a year, in
fact most houses in our neighborhood don't even have A/C. It was here
when we bought the house but we would not have put it in.