Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Towing your own car a short distance

"Stormin Mormon" wrote:
I guess you missed the part where he said he'd be
on the tractor, and no person is in the vehicle.

If there was a person in the vehicle, said person
could hold the steering wheel.
.
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.
.
"Nate Nagel"
wrote in message ...

Maybe, maybe not. Depends on how much caster is built into the front
suspension. Really old cars (back in the days of power steering being
an option and not always selected) tend to require a person behind the
wheel.

Use a tow strap and tie off one of the spokes of the steering wheel to
the door armrests? Brake pedal looks tempting but I would not in case
you need to do an emergency dive into the car to hit the brakes to keep
it from crashing into your tractor.

nate

I guess you missed the part where he said "emergency dive into the car".

I'm not saying that it would always be possible to get off of the tractor
and into the car in time to stop it, but that's what meant.