Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
passerby passerby is offline

Default Help with oven schematic (metal content)

replying to Ivan Vegvary , passerby wrote:
ivanvegvary wrote:

Hey, thanks Passerby. This certainly gives me a trail to follow. But
ques
tion about the rheostat. So this is probably a 'leave alone' adjust
only w
hen need to rheostat? Also, what in the world would close the 600
lock?
Thanks

Sorry, Ivan, not sure what you mean by "leave alone" - that rheostat
appears to be your temperature control setting for the oven. The symbols
in the thermostat area are a bit weird, I give you that. The little
triangle at the end of the switch usually denotes manual control (with a
handle or knob). But limit switches are usually bimetal (and in any case
can't have manual control). So the Limit 950 looks like a wrong symbol, it
has to be something like the other two limit switches below it, to the
left: FAN LIMIT 175 F and 600 LIMIT further down - those are definitely
bimetal and change state automatically as the temperature exceeds the
preset limit.

The 600 LOCK contact in the thermostat though must be the "Self Clean"
position of the temperature handle or whatever switch turns the "Self
Clean" feature on. So, the 600 LOCK must be manual (and the symbol
suggests that) but 600 LIMIT is bimetal, trips by temperature.

posted from
http://www.polytechforum.com/metalwo...nt-574185-.htm
using PolytechForum's Web, RSS and Social Media Interface to
rec.crafts.metalworking and other engineering groups