Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Light box for object photography

On 2013-04-24, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Tue, 23 Apr 2013 23:11:52 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

"DoN. Nichols" wrote:

"Or equivalent" should included "the GIMP" -- especially for your
linux boxen. I believe that gimp is also available compiled for
Windows, and is certainly a *lot* more affordable than PhotoShop is.

Yes, GIMP is available for Windows. I've used it with XP & Win 7.

Its pretty good too.

Though I use Irfanview and all the accessory software that comes as a
seperate (free) download.

While I (on Sun unix boxen) use xv for flipping through a lot
of images and selecting them, but gimp for serious working on them.

Since I don't use Windows, I can't use Irfanview -- but I supply
it on DVDs of images that I'm sending out to people who use Windows.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564