Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ivan Vegvary[_2_] Ivan Vegvary[_2_] is offline

Default Help with oven schematic (metal content)

On Wednesday, April 24, 2013 5:32:09 PM UTC-7, passerby wrote:
replying to Ivan Vegvary , passerby wrote:

ivanvegvary wrote:

Also, if somebody could explain the the symbols withing the thermostat.

It

appears that the 975� switch is normally closed? while the 600� switch

is normally open. What pulls the 600� closed? Is that resistor

symbol

below, labeled SO, CO and OM, really a coil?

The whole schematic is a bit too complex to take in quickly but these

questions I think I can address. Those 975 degree LIMIT and 600 degree LOCK

are bimetal switches. You are right, the 975 normally closed, 600 normally

opened. When 600 LOCK closes, it activates (opens) the normally closed "Clean

Relay" and kills both the BAKE and BROIL elements.

The resistor below is a rheostat and those are not "O"s - those are just

symbols for screw terminals. So, it's "S" (south?) "C" (control, wiper) and

"N" (north?)

Looks like you may need to poke around the "Clean Relay" at the time it

activates to see which voltages are there and which aren't. Perhaps the relay

is stuck (commutates mighty high current) and the 600 degree LIMIT is what

actually kills it, not the 600 LOCK.

Good luck!

--

posted from

http://www.polytechforum.com/metalwo...nt-574185-.htm

using PolytechForum's Web, RSS and Social Media Interface to

rec.crafts.metalworking and other engineering groups

Hey, thanks Passerby. This certainly gives me a trail to follow. But question about the rheostat. So this is probably a 'leave alone' adjust only when need to rheostat? Also, what in the world would close the 600 lock?
Thanks