Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Towing your own car a short distance

On Wed, 24 Apr 2013 18:10:29 -0500, wrote:

I got my car stuck in the mud on my farm. Got a tractor to pull it, and
a chain, but no one around to steer the car. I've tried it before by
myself, and it never fails that the car decides to steer itself the
wrong way. If I'm lucky, I can go 10 feet, then have to get off the
tractor, turn the car's steering to get it straight, and hopefullyt go
another 10 feet.

Has anyone ever found a way to lock the steering wheel so that is stays
straight when you pull it? There has to be some way to do that! But
I've never found out how.

remove the key in North America