Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Teacher Suspended For Showing Kids Pliers

On Wed, 24 Apr 2013 17:38:31 +0000 (UTC), Tegger
wrote:

wrote in :

What's now known as "box cutters", I've always known as
"utility knives", including the one shown above.

I've been using utility knives almost daily since 1980 (OLFA L-series is my
favorite). I had never heard or seen ANY type of utility knife referred to
as "box cutters" until after 9/11.

Technically, a "box cutter" is the little spring loaded flip-out
key-tag knife that allows you to extend the blade with your thumb to
open a box, and the blade automagically retracts into the case so you
can safely put it back in your pocket. like this:
http://www.trigoninternational.ca/wp...ty-Cutter-Key-
or like this:
http://blog.sndimg.com/hgtv/design/f...box-cutter.jpg

What everybody refers to as a box cutter today is a utility knife