Posted to rec.woodworking
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default Sketchup, arrrgggg

Swingman wrote:
"dadiOH" wrote:

I know nothing of other CAD programs but IMO anyone in the
construction/design/remodeling field is losing money if they don't
use it. I'm not involved in those occupations but the ability to
have sets of models that can be easily modified to fit specific
circumstances seems invaluable.

For example, a cabinet maker could have assorted parts which can be
duplicated and/or sized as needed ...

1. a basic box

2. various interior parts - shelves, drawers, pullouts, whatever

3. frame and panel doors with various edge treatments

Here' a collection of dynamic and non-dynamic kitchen cabinet
components that I designed over the past six years that have been
useful in designing and building shop built cabinets to fit in a
required space. All these pieces were actually built and installed in
various kitchens using the models shown in this collection, for both
client approval and shop drawings.

You've been busy

The utility (shop) value is obvious but just out of curiosity, do you also
find it a useful selling tool? I would think that the ability to show a
customer pretty much how the stuff will look would really help close a deal.

--

dadiOH