Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ivan Vegvary[_2_] Ivan Vegvary[_2_] is offline

Default Help with oven schematic (metal content)

Here is a link for the schematic of my old (1985±) Jenn-air wall oven (single).

https://plus.google.com/photos/11010...CKTEiNy-2YCkMw

Please note that the BR wire that is cut off at the bottom of the scan, goes to the splice point to the right.

Said oven has been used many times in the "self-clean" mode to clean numerous metal car and motorcycle parts (my wife is wonderful), frequently all the disassembled parts to my popcorn machine. Said "self-clean" feature no longer works. Here is what is konwn:

Broiler heating element works. Bake heating element works. Oven works fine as an oven and all timer functions work. Thermostat absolutely no longer available, but, as mentioned, temperatures are maintained within a close range (check with remote sensing thermometer)while doing preheat, baking and broiling.

Upon trying the clean cycle, the manual door-lock is prevented from being opened, the oven reaches 580°F (suspiciously close to the 600°F limit switch and 600°F lock) and then suspiciously shuts off, thereby allowing the door to be manually opened.

Can somebody with a good eye trace out this diagram and tell me where I could take voltage or amperage readings to find the 'break' in the circuit. Of course the 975°F limit within the thermostat could be opening too early, and since no longer in production, that is what I would like to rule out.

Also, if somebody could explain the the symbols withing the thermostat. It appears that the 975° switch is normally closed? while the 600° switch is normally open. What pulls the 600° closed? Is that resistor symbol below, labeled SO, CO and OM, really a coil?

The oven is totally pulled out of the cabinet and all the parts and terminals are accessible. My immediate hope is to (upon advice from group) be able to place a jumper somewhere and get one more cleaning cycle out of this oven.

Thank you all,

Ivan Vegvary