Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default OT - ETQ Generator starting concerns

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Yes, I agree. It's got a choke, but not a primer.
.
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.
.
wrote in message

IT sounds like it's not getting primed properly. I haven't
had to screw around with that, at least not yet, because
mine are working. But as I understand it, these newer engines use a
primer bulb that you push a few times.
That squirts a small amount of gas into the carb throat
to provide a rich mixture. Assuming it has a bulb, I'd
check out if it's doing it job. As I said, I haven't had to
do this, but I assume if you push it while looking into the
carb, you should see some fuel squirt.

Verify that the choke closes all the way when you close it.