Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Help with router setup

On 4/23/2013 6:23 PM, dadiOH wrote:
whit3rd wrote:
On Tuesday, April 23, 2013 5:32:38 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Monday, April 22, 2013 4:14:09 PM UTC-5, dadiOH wrote:

Pat Barber wrote:

On 4/22/2013 5:16 AM, wrote:

I got my new rail and stile bits out this weekend and put them on
my ryobi router table and started playing with them. The bits
seem to sit too high

I ffoled with it last night. It went down some but then locked up
again. I am not sure my router may be shot.

I am going to take it off the table and mess with it and if I cant
get it to work I guess get a new router and or table at Lowes.

Actually, rail/stile bits might interfere with the baseplate or
insert aperture; these are large-diameter bits, in general. New
router/table isn't a solution, if that's the issue. You have to
look for interference with other parts, for depth-stops settings, for
dirty/jammed adjustment mechanisms.

Look carefully.

By, jing, I think you may have provided the answer. I would have thought he
would have noticed if the bit was too big to go through the hole but -
everything considered - maybe not.

Lets hope he did notice, or I feel that are going to be seeing many many
more questions during the making of his board. ;~)