Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K[_2_] Harry K[_2_] is offline

Default US must have open-door policy for "students" from Chechnya

On Apr 24, 8:12*am, nestork wrote:
[_2_ Wrote:

;3052257']
How much better at it does the typical Muslim suicide bomber
get? * You watch the news much? *You're making the huge assumption
that because you want to escape and go hide, that these terrorists
have the same objective. *In most cases, the operatives at the
level of these bombers don't have that objective. *They are OK
with dying a marter and going off to heaven. *One of these terrorists
achieved that, the second came very close. *Or they want to go
out in a blaze of glory, getting more recognition and coverage.
They achieved that too, didn't they?

The great advantage that a suicide bomber and kamikaze pilot have is
that they don't have to bother making a plan to elude capture after
their attack. *That's something that the authorities have a lot of
trouble dealing with.

Again, if they are so dumb, why are 4 people dead and 150 injured in
the biggest attack on US soil since 9-11?

Oh, I never said those bombers were dumb. *I said that being amateurs
they were prone to make dumb mistakes just like every amateur does in
every new endevour they try. *They carried out a successful attack
largely because they had the element of surprise on their side and a
powerful bomb. *What they didn't have was any sort of well laid plan to
evade capture after the attack, and that's something the younger one is
realizing they should have made. *That is, now he's learned from
experience, and if he ever does this kinda thing again, he'll have such
a plan in place.

I fully expect that's the reason why our Canadian border security was
asked to watch out for black haired brown eyed males with names like
Mohammad and Farouk wanting to take a vacation in Canada. *Experienced
investigators knew that would have been the smartest thing for the
bombers to do. *And, my point is that the reason they didn't have a safe
house to lay low at or airline tickets in hand to get out of Boston half
an hour after the bombing was because of their lack of experience.

But, you're point that suicide bombers don't have to bother with plans
to evade capture after they attack is well taken.

--
nestork

Another of the "dumb stunts" was having to shoot a cop to get another
gun. How hard would it hae been to just buy one, or if they couldn't
steal one, or get one off the 'street'. I'm beginning to wonder just
how much planning they actually did.

Harry K