nestork nestork is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [_2_] View Post
How much better at it does the typical Muslim suicide bomber
get? You watch the news much? You're making the huge assumption
that because you want to escape and go hide, that these terrorists
have the same objective. In most cases, the operatives at the
level of these bombers don't have that objective. They are OK
with dying a marter and going off to heaven. One of these terrorists
achieved that, the second came very close. Or they want to go
out in a blaze of glory, getting more recognition and coverage.
They achieved that too, didn't they?
The great advantage that a suicide bomber and kamikaze pilot have is that they don't have to bother making a plan to elude capture after their attack. That's something that the authorities have a lot of trouble dealing with.

Quote:
Again, if they are so dumb, why are 4 people dead and 150 injured in
the biggest attack on US soil since 9-11?
Oh, I never said those bombers were dumb. I said that being amateurs they were prone to make dumb mistakes just like every amateur does in every new endevour they try. They carried out a successful attack largely because they had the element of surprise on their side and a powerful bomb. What they didn't have was any sort of well laid plan to evade capture after the attack, and that's something the younger one is realizing they should have made. That is, now he's learned from experience, and if he ever does this kinda thing again, he'll have such a plan in place.

I fully expect that's the reason why our Canadian border security was asked to watch out for black haired brown eyed males with names like Mohammad and Farouk wanting to take a vacation in Canada. Experienced investigators knew that would have been the smartest thing for the bombers to do. And, my point is that the reason they didn't have a safe house to lay low at or airline tickets in hand to get out of Boston half an hour after the bombing was because of their lack of experience.

But, you're point that suicide bombers don't have to bother with plans to evade capture after they attack is well taken.