Posted to uk.rec.driving,alt.electronics
Dave Plowman Dave Plowman is offline

Default LED car lights flicker - no need!

In article
,
Steve Firth wrote:
Dave Plowman wrote:
In article
,
Steve Firth wrote:
No idea. They are crap and I wouldn't have one in the house.

The LED bulbs I have used have been anything but "crap". They use
1/10th the electricity of equivalent halogen bulbs and can be bought
as flood or spotlight versions.

They may well use less electricity. But if that's the only criterion
for domestic lighting a fluorescent tube will do the job rather better
and for less cost.

Where did I say it was the only criterion?

It's the first thing you mentioned about them?

The major objection from
SWMBO is that they are "too bright".

Typically yes - when you look at them. Sadly the actual usable light from
them is anything but.

Way better than CFL and, as I mentioned, equivalent to halogen, in fact
a 3W LED with SMD elements providers better illumination than a 35W
halogen.

Define better. That usually means the latest thing to impress the gullible.

There are no LEDs on the domestic market that come even close to matching
the quality of light from halogen. Of course that doesn't much matter to
many.

--
*I want it all and I want it delivered

Dave Plowman London SW 12