Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Tim Schwartz[_2_] Tim Schwartz[_2_] is offline

Default Adcom GTP500 WAS: Adcom parts needed (GFP-1A & GFT-1A)

Hi Guys,
Just wanted to piggyback a question about my GTP 500. It is the FM/AM
preamp.
It's been 10 years since I looked into it, but my GTP 500 has a
problem with the FM, no longer recall the symptoms. I was in electronic
repair I know some products have a common problem. Is there an issue
with the FM that crops up on this item? Such as C12 goes open/short?
Mikek

Mikek,

The trimmer caps in the front end of the tuner are a common problem
with these units. Replacing them requires a realignment, as you are
replacing the things that you adjust to align the tuner.

I would also not be surprised to see the memory backup capacitors
failing by now.

Regards,
Tim Schwartz

P.S. You are usually better off starting a new thread with a new
header, as people who know your model will reply when they see it in the
subject line.