Posted to alt.home.repair
Percival P. Cassidy Percival P. Cassidy is offline

Default doorbell - is LED avail

On 04/23/13 09:29 pm, IGot2P wrote:

*They are available, but I would avoid them. I have received at least
two phone calls about problems with them and someone posted on here
months ago with a similar issue. Evidently some door bells require that
a diode be added to the circuit. The button instructions even mention
the diode, but none are offered as an accessory to buy. Stick with
neon.

AFAIR, the lowest voltage on which neon lamps will work is 70 or
thereabouts. Door bells typically operate on a far lower voltage.

Perce- Hide quoted text -

He said LED, not neon!!!!

I think that he was referring to what John said.

Precisely.

Perce