Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Light box for object photography

On 24 Apr 2013 02:25:49 GMT, "DoN. Nichols"

On 2013-04-23, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Mon, 22 Apr 2013 19:20:51 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"

[ ... ]

yup... all kinds of 'trade expressions' in photography.

How about 'push'? G

LLoyd

50%? 100%? 200%?

Plus-x at ASA 200?

Souped in Diafine?

Still have a freezer full of 120 Plus-x I ought to shoot up...one of
these days.

Hmm ... Ever try "Royal-X Pan"? I think that it was ASA 800
un-pushed. Too grainy for 35mm, but I shot a roll of it in a Zeiss
Ikonta 520 (used eitehr 620 or 120 film rolls, and got sixteen shots per
roll -- sorf of pushing the size thing for that film. :-)

That was made for photojournalists with sheet-film press cameras. I've
shot it, and I also used it for contrapositive silver masking (which I
did for McGraw-Hill Book Company, and which made me more money than
shooting photos for them). Today, you can do the same job with Unsharp
Masking in Photoshop, in a few seconds. Then, it would take me a whole
evening to silver-mask a sheet of 35mm Kodachromes. Sheesh.

It was a very versatile film. Grain like golf balls, but versatile.

--
Ed Huntress

Enjoy,
DoN.