Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Light box for object photography

Stanley Schaefer wrote:

Sheets on a frame would work, washable, too. That's if you need big.
I've got something called "Studio In A Box" that I got cheap at a
closeout sale when Compuseless went out of business. This is a
collapsable lightbox about 2'x2'x2' and includes lights. Was about
$20. Works for reflective stuff like glassware, the purpose for
buying it. I know the company makes a slightly large version as well.

If all you need is a neutral background, sheets on a frame works for
that as well. Pro portrait photographers had rolls of patterned paper
they used on frames for backgrounds. If you need portable, 2x2s and
some casters should make up into something either able to be knocked
down or readily rolled around.

I have the several of the five caster bases from bad office chairs I
plan on using to hold backdrops & lights. The backdrops will be rolled
up on pieces of PVC pipe so you can change them in under a minute.