Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Light box for object photography

Richard wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Small, color corrected halogen lamps& diffusers do a nice job.
My background is in TV studio lighting and live TV camera work.
You can buy 150W lamps in rectangular housings, but I want to see
how the 10W LED versions will work. Mount them from the ceiling
of the shop, and paint part of the wall a light color.

One of these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111057953751

Not necessary anymore for digital work.

But if we wanted to be really anal about light color,
three circuits of LEDS (RGB) with PWM control for each
would give darned good color control.

That same fixture is available with RGB LEDs and a remote to select
the color.

I prefer the broad spectrum of the white phosphor, to three narrow
color bands. I'm not going to try to sway anyone's opinion. I just
like a spot that I can set something for a few quick shots without
spending an hour setting up the lighting. I bought some pieces of
fabric for backdrops. (60"*36") in black, gray & white. They have a
matte finish, so they don't reflect a lot of light towards the camera.