Posted to alt.home.repair

Default doorbell - is LED avail

Our doorbell is the standard one with the small rectangular "illuminated"
button,
that is screwed to the door frame.
Every so often, usually just prior to Halloween
I go out and replace the button - as the tiny bulb has burned out.

Wonder if there are any LED style replacements ?
I had seen some comments on an electronics forum
about how you might contruct one -
but was curious if any retail versions existed ?

*They are available, but I would avoid them. I have received at least two
phone calls about problems with them and someone posted on here months ago
with a similar issue. Evidently some door bells require that a diode be
added to the circuit. The button instructions even mention the diode, but
none are offered as an accessory to buy. Stick with neon.