Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Sketchup, arrrgggg

On 4/23/2013 1:13 PM, dadiOH wrote:
Leon wrote:
It is an amazing program, though; especially since it enables
duffers such as us to actually draw things. So the basics I find
intuitive; the niceties much less so; eg, which handle on a "scale"
does what? True, it tells you which axes and what points but that
means about as much to me - at the moment - as does a treatise on
quantum physics. So *many* handles, so much to remember

If this makes you feel any better, I very seldom any more use the
scale tool. Most of what it can do can be done easier in another
way. Don't get me wrong, I used to use the scale tool to create
mirror images, now I use the flip along tool to create mirror images.
with the flip along tool you only have to remember 3 things. ;~)

I don't know that it makes me feel better, does give me hope though

LOL

As far as "flip along", I haven't yet tried that, will soon. Been flipped
off on occasion though.

Oh you need to jump all over that. LOL Simply right click a component
and choose flip along. Then choose Red, Green, or Blue axis and you
will get a mirror image based on the axis you choose. Choosing the
correct axis takes a little getting used to but once you get it, it is
like riding a bike. Just remember if you choose the wrong one and don't
get the result you wanted type Ctrl Z to undo and try another.

_____________

Then select the part of the line that you extended too far and it should
highlight as another separate line, then Delete that section.

Yeah, been doing that, a real help, thanks.

If you get lost because you zoomed in too much, simply click on the
"Previous Icon" this will restore you to the previous view. This
icon looks like a magnifying glass with a blue arrow indicating a
counter clockwise rotation. Think of it as going back in time.

Very useful info. I'm going to be sob 80 in a few weeks, got something
that will actually hurl me into the past? WAIT!!...not sure I want to go
there.

80 WOW! You are TOUGH! It was easy being young. ;~)