Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Richard[_9_] Richard[_9_] is offline

Default Light box for object photography

On 4/23/2013 6:14 AM, Pete Keillor wrote:
On Mon, 22 Apr 2013 12:40:46 -0500,
wrote:

On 4/22/2013 11:49 PM, anorton wrote:

wrote in message
On 4/22/2013 8:52 PM, DoN. Nichols wrote:

'Second that. I even use one for doing test shots, to balance the
lights, when I'm doing the final on 4 x 5 film and using a Minolta
Flashmeter IV for exposure.

So you have not depended on the results from the digital, except
as a rough guide -- so you may not have seen the effects of the long
open shutter time, since you probably did not bother blowing up the
image on your computer monitor.

Enjoy,
DoN.

Ran into that one head on when I was trying to take pictures of the
lunar eclipse with my Fuji. I got a couple - ok decent. Nowhere near
as nice as those from a 200" telescope (wonder why) but I burned a lot
of ones and zeros getting anything usable.

A common technique for digital astrophotography is to average many
frames instead of or in addition to using long exposures. There are
several software packages that automatically register the images and
combine them.

The same technique can be used for multiple positions of the flash. Take
several images and overlay them in photoshop. I believe the Nikon D-SLRs
allow you to take multiple exposures and combine them in the camera.

WAY beyond my pay grade.
I wouldn't have a clue how to flash the moon.
(Well....)

My worst problem that night was vibration.

It's really touchy at 36X - even on a tripod.

Some of that software, like Registax, is free. There's also software
that will let you control your dslr from a laptop.

Pete Keillor

Interesting stuff there, Pete.

http://www.astronomie.be/registax/previewv6.html