Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Stanley Schaefer Stanley Schaefer is offline

Default Light box for object photography

On Apr 21, 3:20*pm, Gunner Asch wrote:
Anyone have any good suggestions for types of lightboxes for product
photography?

I do NOT have a hip slick and cool digital SLR, and even the external
strobe connections are a *******.

Id like to build a lightbox..but it needs to be big enough/rugged
enough.. to put in a dirty, oily part or piece.

Something for shooting photos for Ebay for example.

Ive seen how some Ebay companies like Reliable Tools do it..but I dont
have that kind of floor space (theirs is 50'x50' with huge movable
fill lights in towers on wheels.

So Im going to need something useable with at least 3 strobes and
operational via slave flash.

Anyone have any links etc etc for simple designs suitable for what we
do?

Gunner

Sheets on a frame would work, washable, too. That's if you need big.
I've got something called "Studio In A Box" that I got cheap at a
closeout sale when Compuseless went out of business. This is a
collapsable lightbox about 2'x2'x2' and includes lights. Was about
$20. Works for reflective stuff like glassware, the purpose for
buying it. I know the company makes a slightly large version as well.

If all you need is a neutral background, sheets on a frame works for
that as well. Pro portrait photographers had rolls of patterned paper
they used on frames for backgrounds. If you need portable, 2x2s and
some casters should make up into something either able to be knocked
down or readily rolled around.

Stan