Posted to alt.home.repair
badgolferman badgolferman is offline

Default lopper

Jim Elbrecht wrote:

On Mon, 22 Apr 2013 17:26:17 +0000 (UTC), "badgolferman"
wrote:

I have an older Fiskars lopper that looks much like this one
http://tinyurl.com/coqcepu

Unfortunately years of cutting things that shouldn't have been cut
by it caused knicks in the cutting jaw so it was time for a new one,
preferably longer handle too.

I went to Harbor Freight since I had a coupon and bought something
similar to this http://hfreviews.com/item.php?id=670 What a
complete piece of junk it was! You would think with extendable
handles and a ratcheting head it could cut branches better but it
absolutely sucked so I went back to the worn out chipped Fiskars.

Back to the Fiskars brand and now I have one like this
http://tinyurl.com/chysyc8 but I still prefer the one with the
gears.

so why didn't you get the Fiskars with the gears?
http://www2.fiskars.com/Gardening-an...pass-Lopper-32

I'm not sure mine are Fiskars- but I've had them a decade and am still
surprised at how nicely they slice things off.

Jim

Because I had a 20% off Harbor Freight coupon. And the new Fiskars
loppers were the only ones available where I bought them.