Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Light box for object photography

On Mon, 22 Apr 2013 20:08:16 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

Gunner Asch fired this volley in
:

I do have an Olympus..but its got a scuzi interface and I no longer
use it very often

Is that the Apologetic Italian version of SCSI?

Rednecks version of a interface G

Look... no common desktop scanner will give you anything even close to
the resolution that's on the film. 3600 or 4800dpi will look pretty
good, but a 35mm negative is small... that doesn't end up being a lot of
X by Y.

There are excellent lens-adapter attachments that will fit or be adapted
to most SLR-type digital cameras that will allow the negative or slide to
fill the frame, and give you better resolution than a flatbed scanner
can.

Also, most photo shops (the few there are) usually have high-resolution
slide scanners for doing exactly what you want.

If from prints... it depends upon what you have. You can do a pretty
good job on a cheap desktop scanner on formats as large or larger than
5x7.

I wish I could haul a scanner and my computer/software back to 1969. I
made nice money (for a kid) back then hand-retouching damaged or
carelessly printed original prints. It would've been a 'miracle shop' if
I'd had the digital tools of today!

LLoyd

Ayup! I did a few b&w family photo repair jobs ..but retouching was
such tedious work that I didnt do much of it.

I think I still have a retouching kit in storage somewhere....

Gunner