Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Even chines Q tips are junk quality:(

On Mon, 22 Apr 2013 18:45:32 -0400, wrote:

I've only had a problem once in my life (in college) and have never
had to stick anything in my ear canals.

I wanted to try snorkeling so when in Florida, I did, and when I got
out of the water, it felt like there was a big slimey sea slug in my
ear. Not wanting to pull it out, and leave most of it in, I went as
planned to another location and tried snorkeling again. The animal
left.

Years later, there was a clicking in my ear, even 10 seconds or so. I
thought an insect or another animal was in there, and a half dozen
times I poured peroxide in my ear to kill it. But it survived. My
friend couldn't see it, and she said it might be wax. She threatened
me if I didn't go to the doctor -- I had no insurance then -- I would
wake up one morning in excruciating pain. This had happened to
someone she knew. So I bought a little tube of stuff meant to
dissolve ear wax and used that a dozen times, waiting much longer than
the instructions said. Only once did wax come out, and then only a
little.

Then months later in my other ear, it sounded like popping popcorn, at
the summit of the popping, especially if I turned my head down. I
tried the wax drops on that too.

After about 6 months in one ear, and 2 months with the other ear, the
noises stopped. Except one time, one click, a few weeks later,
when I realized it was a eustachian tube tick, in each ear. All
along. No insect, no wax.

That was 3 or 4 years ago and no noises since. Very strange.