Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Light box for object photography

On Mon, 22 Apr 2013 19:23:40 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

Gunner Asch fired this volley in
:

Numbers Lloyd..not physical diameter.
f 1.2 is a lower NUMBER than f32. Bigger hole....smaller number.

gunner, gunner, gunner... I know what the numbers mean. I not only did
the full-monte photography thing from the time I was 15 until 22, but I
also have built and use telescopes. Focal-length/aperture ratio (f-stop)
is one of those, um... 'entry level' things.

Lloyd

Not to 99% of the public...chuckle

I did photography from the age of about 11 till my mid 40s..both as a
amature, as a professional and as an instructor at the local JC

When I started being gone from home 5-14 days at a time doing machine
repair...I largely fell away from the technical aspects and became a
snap shot shooter.. Then I bought my first digital...

The stroke I had 4 yrs ago..put some small holes in the old memory
thingy..but it didnt wipe it all out...thanks be to Crom!!

I see Im going to have to start scanning the Best of...the 10,000
slides and negatives (or more) that Ive got tucked away in boxes. I
cant scan most of my prints...I dont have a big enough scanner. Shrug

I do miss a lot of it..but its been 16 or more years since I started
the machine repair business...and there wasnt a lot of time to do
serious photography during that period. And I closed down the darkroom
and packed it all up..gave a lot of it away. Still have some film
tanks and whatnot...enlarging easels...etc etc. I loaned out a full
darkroom to a local lady..who 5 yrs later...left town and didnt bother
to talk to me about the stuff Id loaned her..including the color
enlargers

Shrug

Gunner