Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Light box for object photography

On Mon, 22 Apr 2013 14:46:01 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

Gunner sed...

Tripods I have. Probably 5-6 of them. I used to shoot a lot of 4x5
film...and good tripods are pretty important.

I guess one of my big problems..is both the after effects of the
stroke..and most of my creative stuff was done on film. When I was
reading the posts about using Florescent lights..my hackles started
rising up and I was thinking.."these guys are ****ing nuts!!"...then
it dawned on me...digital..aint film. Green photos/florescent
light... with film...aint necessarily green with digital.

Yeah, a solid tripod was pretty important with a film pak-backed Press
Grafix on the stand!

Green is green, Gunner... even in digital. The boon, though, is you can
re-balance the colors in "post edit" (call it "the digital darkroom").

I keep forgetting "post processing". Film sometimes COULD be
balanced..but it always was a hit or miss proposition.

I've done tons of product photos. Thousands. You don't need a light
box; just a good seamless backdrop and several stand-mounted floods.
They don't even have to be "photo floods" -- just lights. Use foil
reflectors for unwanted shadows.

LLoyd

Ayup..Im catching on now.

Thanks!