Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] geraldrmiller@yahoo.ca is offline

Default Home built wood lathe.

On Mon, 22 Apr 2013 06:29:45 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Sun, 21 Apr 2013 22:58:57 -0700, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

Not so much "metal working" but it does involve some metal parts, and
a small bit of machining. Guy builds a foot powered treadle wood
lathe. This is just so neat.

http://www.wimp.com/footpowered/

It makes my heart glad to see a truly Neanderthal woodworker. Man,
did you see all those axes on his wall? And did you notice the
beautiful slick he had? He made the handle for it on the completed
lathe.

Now, if I were him, I'd have chosen a different paint scheme for the
metal bits, and I sure as hell wouldn't have used that song in the
background...

Sure is nice to have all those antique, pre built parts on hand.
---

Gerry :-)}
London,Canada