Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Even chines Q tips are junk quality:(

On 2013-04-22, wrote:
On Mon, 22 Apr 2013 11:18:19 -0700 (PDT), bob haller

My mom always cleaned my ears with q tips, all the way in. So I am
following my moms advice

Apple and trees. Dumb and dumber.

As one ages, the ear hairs grow denser and and no longer move
earwax to the outside ear as well as a child's.

So you stick pointy things in your ears, too?

Geezer tips:

Never put anything smaller than yer finger in yer
earhole. Let the hairs god gave you move the natural wax to yer outer
ear. If you use q-tips in old age, possibility of driving earwax
deeper in ear and compacting it. Digging out earwax plugs can be very
painful.

Never put *ANYTHING* other than your elbow in your ear canal.

Trim yer ear hairs! I've seen geezers with more hair in their ears
than their entire head. Not only looks disgusting, but impairs that
earwax caterpiller action yer ears do naturally.

If you do that, you can't comb it over.

nb --with clean earholes

I've only had a problem once in my life (in college) and have never
had to stick anything in my ear canals.