Posted to uk.d-i-y
Onetap Onetap is offline

Default Machine Mart - small claim

On Monday, April 22, 2013 2:19:13 AM UTC+1, Dave Baker wrote:
"Rick Hughes" wrote in message

You weren't obliged to accept a credit note but having done so you have

waived your rights to compensation or replacement of the original goods.

Lack of knowledge of your rights under law is not the court's problem or in

fact the seller's.

True, but he wouldn't have accepted it of they hadn't misinformed him; we'll only offer a credit note, you've opened the box.

As to the small print on the credit note, again you

should have read it carefully first. I'm afraid you therefore don't have a

claim against them.

I believe the T&Cs have to be available and agreed before the contract; you can't amend them afterwards. If it's your argument that he agreed to another contract by accepting the credit note, putting the T&Cs on the credit note suggests he hadn't seen them when agreeing to take it.