Posted to rec.woodworking
Pat Barber[_2_] Pat Barber[_2_] is offline

Default Help with router setup

On 4/22/2013 5:16 AM, wrote:
I got my new rail and stile bits out this weekend and put them on my ryobi router table and started playing with them. The bits seem to sit too high, I cant get the right profile on my 3/4 inch thick wood. On the stiles the ogee pattern is past the middle of the tickness of the wood. And becasue of this there is no groove put on the wood.

My router is a ryobi r 181FB1. It has been in storage for awhile. I had cleaned everythign up but I cant seem to make any adjustment for the bit to go down. There is a locking ring I loosened, the adjustment ring just moves a little before it stops. But this movement does not seem to be doing anything to the hight of the bit.

Can anyone suggest what I am doing wrong?

I appreciate it!

I found the poster with the setup...

http://www.woodmagazine.com/wood/fil...test/doorhowto