Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Machine Mart - small claim

John Rumm wrote:

On 21/04/2013 19:54, Andy Burns wrote:

http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pro...art27#IDAKBTBB

I was under the impression that the key point of the moneyclaim online
facility is that it can all be dealt with without a court appearance.

I think it suggests (or maybe requires) a mediation stage first, but
failing that, you end up in court, I think it's geared to being
"friendly" to the small guy representing himself, with a presumption
against huge costs, even if you lose

Hence it sounds like they are trying scare tactics...

I'm sure there's an element of that, OTOH maybe they're make on offer
"on the court steps" ...