Posted to sci.electronics.repair
amdx amdx is offline

Default Adcom parts needed (GFP-1A & GFT-1A)

On 4/22/2013 10:04 AM, chuck wrote:
On Fri, 19 Apr 2013 20:02:47 -0400, Tim Schwartz
wrote:

On 4/19/2013 9:57 AM, chuck wrote:
On Thu, 18 Apr 2013 16:56:15 -0400, Tim Schwartz
wrote:

Hello all,

I've got 2 vintage Adcom repairs here that I need parts for. Anyone
got any parts units around?

One is a GFP-1A preamp that has a mangled input selector switch S4.
The Adcom part number is PE-90386-02. It will NOT interchange with the
record selector switch. Th original was mangled by a really bad attempt
to clean it, and the contacts are bent and broken on one of the 2 wafers.

The other is a GFT-1A. While I've got the service manual, it does not
include the schematic. I've got a GFT-1 schematic, but it is quite
different than the "A" version. This unit has a bad detector
transformer T102. Sorry, no part number, as its not mentioned in the
manual.

Many thanks!,
Tim
Bristol Electronics

Tim,

Is Adcom gone or are they not supplying parts for their older models?
Thanks. Chuck

Chuck,

I did contact the parts vendor Adcom mentions on their website,
Affiliated Electronics in New Jersey. While I have no idea how
extensive their parts inventory is, these units are 20+ years old, and
they don't have them. Its why I was hoping another shop might have one
in their junk heap.

Adcom is still around, or at least they have a web site, but I don't
know any local dealers that carry them.

Regards,
Tim

Thanks Tim. I still rarely get some old Adcom pieces to work on and
it is nice to know that Affiliated is still around.

Hi Guys,
Just wanted to piggyback a question about my GTP 500. It is the FM/AM
preamp.
It's been 10 years since I looked into it, but my GTP 500 has a
problem with the FM, no longer recall the symptoms. I was in electronic
repair I know some products have a common problem. Is there an issue
with the FM that crops up on this item? Such as C12 goes open/short?
Mikek