Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.telecom.mobile
Mark[_30_] Mark[_30_] is offline

Default Mobile Phones - Battery Life

On Mon, 22 Apr 2013 14:29:49 +0100, Andy Champ
wrote:

On 22/04/2013 09:20, Mark wrote:
On Fri, 19 Apr 2013 20:13:53 +0100, Peter
wrote:

I have the Nokia 808 and it has saved me carrying a camera, because
its camera (40MP, downsampling to 8 or 12MP) totally outclasses any
camera you can stick in your pocket, and I mean including the £400
ones. In fact, in favourable daylight conditions, still subjects, it
is almost as good as a DSLR. To me, a keen photographer, that has real
serious value, in reducing how much junk one has to carry.

Sorry but I find that hard to believe. AFAIK it's just not possible
to fit a good lens in a phone-sized object.

It's possible to make a small lens which will take good pictures "in
favourable daylight conditions" of "still subjects".

I interpreted Peter's claims to be more general:

"the Nokia 808 ... totally outclasses any
camera you can stick in your pocket, and I mean including the £400
ones".

This is the part that I really have trouble with.
--
(\__/) M.
(")_(") is he still wrong?