Posted to alt.home.repair

Default My Slow Cooker Takes Too Long

On Apr 21, 9:39*pm, gregz wrote:
sam E wrote:
On 04/21/2013 09:20 AM, Red Green wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote in
:

I like using my slow cooker, but it takes way too long to cook stuff.
Some foods take 6 - 8 hours. Can you imagine such a thing?

I wonder if I should hook it up to a 240 circuit. That should cut the
cooking time in half.

You need to put child caps on the other outlets on the circut. Electricity
follows the path of least resistance.

I have a light fixture with two parallel sockets. One with a 40W bulb in
it, and the other with a 60W bulb in it. The 60W bulb has a lower
resistance so the 40W bulb will never light.

You said it, least resistance.

Lights also have a really high resistance change as they glow.
I don't think I tried this, but they would tend to want to equalize.

Who's going to try it ?

Greg- Hide quoted text -

You guys may want to rethink what you're claiming.... In essence,
all the lights and other loads in a house are in "parallel". They all
have 120V going to them. Yet both the smallest bulb and
the largest all light...... As they should, because they have 120V
across them, exactly as they are supposed to.....