Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Saw Stop would have prevented this

wrote:
On Sun, 21 Apr 2013 21:01:58 -0400, "Mike Marlow"
choice of public voices, but they don't lie. They do a very good
job of revealing the truth. Perhaps you could cite their lies -
with specifics and the contracting evidence. Or is this just closed
minded rhetoric?

A "truth" which is *ENTIRELY* slanted to their own ends. And, a
"truth" that involves coercive manipulation on many, many different
levels.

Are you really going to sit there and say that their actions are not
dedicated solely to their own benefit?

Oh - absolutely. They are (among other things) a voice of advocacy for
private gun ownership. One would not expect them to take up any cause that
is contrary to that. Coercive manipulation? As I said before, I'm not a
dyed in the wool NRA supporter, but those two words don't really fit. One
could perhaps, suggest that the fears they express are exagerated, but I'll
challenge you to the same thing I did Lew - cite examples of anything worse
than that. A lot of people blast away at the NRA without even knowing what
they say, or what their arguments are.

--

-Mike-