Posted to rec.woodworking
Keith nuttle Keith nuttle is offline

Default Building tools (video)

On 4/22/2013 4:03 AM, Sonnich Jensen wrote:
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e7b_1366565172

I really like this, wish I could do that too... but then again I dont really need it

It is amazing that modern man is finally figuring our they can do things
without electricity and build tools like our ancestors have done for the
last several centuries.

I guess that is the reason the the PBS show the Woodwright has been on
TV for the last 40 years. I got hooked in the show where he went out
into the woods and cut an oak tree. He cut a section from the trunk the
length he needed and then proceeded to SPLIT out the two 2X8 that he
needed.

My grandfather was a blacksmith, and I have one of his tongs that he
made to fit his hand. (Missing finger) It is bent so the one arm neatly
fits into the hole caused by the missing finger. With the bend he could
use the tongs with one hand while he used the hammer with the other.