Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Possible to replace bearings in pond pump?

On Sun, 21 Apr 2013 14:34:23 -0700 (PDT), DD_BobK
wrote:

On Apr 21, 2:18*pm, Jon Danniken
wrote:
On 04/21/2013 01:19 PM, mshaffer wrote:

Hi, does anyone know if it's possible to replace the motor bearings in
this type of pump?

http://www.pondusa.com/pm02670l.jpg

It started tripping the GFCI when I plug it in, so I took it apart and
I got it to at least run now, but it goes slower and vibrates, then
begins to overheat. Do you think it's possible to fix?

You say you "took it apart", and yet the only image you have to offer is
one of a plastic enclosure.

Unfortunately, my x-ray device for scanning internet pictures is not
working at the time, so I am unable to provide you an answer.

Jon

I think this is probably OP's pump.

http://www.diywatergardening.com/480...fall-pump.html
http://www.dannermfg.com/Store/produ...PID-02670.aspx

How long in service? Duty cycle?

IMO doesn't like there is going to be mcuh repair opportunity ... worn
out?

cheers
Bob

Looking at the PDF in your second link, states there is no lubrication
or meaningful maintenance. Basically says to just clean the impeller.