Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Dandy paint roller cleaner

On Sunday 21 April 2013 10:09 The Medway Handyman wrote in uk.d-i-y:

On 21/04/2013 07:19, alan wrote:
On 21/04/2013 04:38, wrote:

I fund these to be very messy. I clean my Paint Rollers and Brushes
under running water then dry them using the RollaDryer
(
www.RollaDryer.com) I always know where my painting tools are. Saves
me lots of money.

Just shove them in a washing machine on a cold short wash.

Here is my three step roller cleaning technique;

1) Buy roller, frame & tray in Wilkinson's for £2.
2) Finish job, throw in bin.
3) Go home.

That's OK if the job is not fussy.

For ceiling work, I like a roller that has good holding capacity and minimal
spatter. Likewise, I am very used to Harris brushes for edging - hardly lose
a bristle and have the right "feel" for me.

My roller cleaning technique is to use a hose in the garden and run a jet
over the roller. This spins it at high speed. Best to hold the roller just
over an obstacle though!

I finish in the washing machine when 95% of the paint has been removed. I
notice paint pigments sendiment when washed out of the binder and I do not
facny all that gunking up the machine's plumbing...

Reading this on the web? See: