Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Tek 545B O'scope Fuse and Power

On Sat, 20 Apr 2013 23:48:07 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Very interesting.

You might be interested in what's in "pH balanced" shampoo. See:
http://www.chagrinvalleysoapandsalve.com/idascorner/soappH.aspx
at the bottom right of the page. It's a bit tricky to read, but it's
all there. Yech.

"Leave the rest alone as I assume that all the electrolytics
are bad and that it will need disassembly to replace those anyway.
"

You wouldn't believe how long some of those old caps can last.
When was the 561A made ? I had to only replace one. I had to
replace one in my 7603.

I haven't repaired too many old tube scopes. However, one of the
first that I repaired had to be torn apart three more times, each time
for yet another leaking or shorted electrolytic. After that
experience, I would do either a pre-emptive replacement of all the big
caps in the area or reform the caps if they looked marginal.
http://www.angelfire.com/electronic/funwithtubes/Restore_cap.html

--
Jeff Liebermann

150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558