Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Tek 545B O'scope Fuse and Power

"Bill Gill".

When I was a calibration tech for Collins Radio in Richardson, TX we had
a wash cabinet for washing out dirty electronics equipment. It had a
turntable in it and a spray head to rinse it off. We just sprayed
things with soap solution and rinsed them off,

** Is there some kind of rule that makes Americans refer to all liquid
detergents as "soap " ??

Dish washing liquid ( for hand washing) has no alkali, rinses off
completely, is non-conductive, non corrosive to bare metals and hence safe
for use with electronics.

OTOH, products sold for washing clothes and for use in dish washing
machines generally contain alkalis, the water solution is conductive,
corrodes bare metal and is hard to fully rinse off.

Dish washing liquid is the only one that is proven safe to use.

Liquid hand wash ( soap free & pH balanced ) is probably OK too.

Use any others at your peril.

..... Phil