Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Richard[_9_] Richard[_9_] is offline

Default Boston Bomb triggered by cell phone?

On 4/20/2013 3:18 PM, ATP wrote:
"Ed wrote in message

It's clearly a field that demands some intelligence, good judgment, a
strong sense of safety for oneself and others. Those are
characteristics that tend to be, as I said, unevenly distributed.

I don't disparage the activity or the practitioners. I'll just watch
from a long distance away, and hope they don't get all loose and
goosey about their "freedoms" at others' expense.

Ok?

Sounds vaguely familiar, Ed...

It should. It's the way most people think about topics that involve
demonstrably dangerous activities and that depend upon good judgment
on the part of people they don't know.

If they have any sense, they know that depending on someone else's
good judgment is not a wise thing to do.

--
Ed Huntress

Every time I snowboard I depend on the good judgement of other riders and
skiers on the mountain. They are not tested, certified or licensed.

Every time you drive down the street you do the same.

THOSE people are licensed too!