Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Boston Bomb triggered by cell phone?

Ed Huntress fired this volley in
:

I don't disparage the activity or the practitioners. I'll just watch
from a long distance away, and hope they don't get all loose and
goosey about their "freedoms" at others' expense.

Ok?

Ok... but infringe on one group's freedoms, when the legitimate
practioners are the ones infringed upon, and you encroach on everyone's
freedoms.

"Hey! That guy makes DANGEROUS METAL CHIPS, and I want that activity
outlawed unless he has a federal license to make those chips! ONE
careless metalworker threw some chips in the garbage, and a trash
collector got cut, and died from gangrene because he was 'socially
deprived', and didn't know he should keep the cut clean.

And _then_ I want it so heavily taxed that nobody can afford to do it,
even with a license. That'll teach 'em. We need to BEAT THE
METALWORKING CULTURE."
(sound familiar... that's _almost_ a quote)

That's how the libocrats think. They figure we can get all that 'dirty
work' done in China.

LLoyd