Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Do they make 12Volt DC LED Bulbs

On Fri, 19 Apr 2013 10:32:40 -0400, micky
wrote:

On Fri, 19 Apr 2013 03:58:05 -0500, wrote:

They have made 12 volt incandescent bulbs for many years. They have the
same base as a standard lightbulb, and fit the same sockets. They are
used for campers with 12V lighting, and 12V trouble lights that clip on
a car battery. Being incandescent, they drain a battery pretty fast.
Thus LED would be much better.

We now can buy 120V AC LED bulbs that will fit any household socket.

-----------------------
But do they make a similar bulb that uses LEDs, runs on 12V DC and
screws into a standard socket?

I hate to join the Google-team, but this one is so easy
12V AC LED standard base.

I googled this and I noticed in one hit that many did not give a
110-volt-watt equivalence, like CFLs seem to do always.

Many that did were only 25 to 30 watts. Those that used twice the
current didn't have a watt-equivalent value.

Some give milliamps, Most give lumens, but you'd have to look on
lightbub boxes to see how many lumens for a 75 watt bulb.