Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Hayter Lawn mower Brake Blade Clutch repair

On Friday, April 19, 2013 10:33:50 PM UTC+1, hewhowalksamongus wrote:

But for sub �20 fast service I have just sent back the �176 Hayter
replacement. And that was a the cheapest I could find. If you add the
authorised dealer price and fitting I saved in excess of �250
I recommend never letting these Hayter con men get away with and re-furb
don't believe anything written in the manuals about replacing from new a
service item.

Its not a con, you get what you pay for. Its a way to trim the cost new a little and maximise profit. Most companies do it now. Add in repair people's reluctance to do even the most trivial mods and you get masses of equipment wasted in landfill, and wallets drained needlessly. It makes it attractive to repair your own stuff, and have it last well. The diyer will inherit the earth, or at least the house.

NT