Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Replace drip edge without re-roofing?

hardlymick wrote in
:

As in the title, I found significant termite damage to some fascia
boards on a flat (or very low sloping) section of my roof. In order to
remove the damaged boards, I must first remove the drip edge, which is
under the roll out roofing that was used. I'm wondering if I can just
peel the roofing back a minimal amount, do the work, and re-set the
roofing afterwards.

FYI, this roof covers the walkway to my front door, and gets a fair
amount of direct sun, but the existing roofing material looks to be in
good shape.

Agree with DD_BobK but am not sure why you have to remove drip edge at all.

Bottom of fascia board should have a little overhang to soffit. Whack it
with a hammer outward so there's a tiny gap between the inside of the
fascia board and the soffit. Long blade on a recip saw and cut face nails.
Sure hope some jaboni didn't top nail drip edge into the fascia board.