Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Tek 545B O'scope Fuse and Power

"Dave M"

As for the dirt, I understand that the Tektronix service dept used to
actually wash scopes that had been traded in for newer better scopes down
with detergent and a low pressure garden hose. Then the scopes were air
dried for several days (in a warm, dry place). Then, repair and
calibration were performed.

** I take it the scope has a fan inside - right ?

Many times I have had to give large power amps a " bath " for the same
reason.

Plus, on one occasion, because the customer's storage shed for his hire
business had been flooded with muddy storm water.

..... Phil