Posted to rec.woodworking
Just Wondering Just Wondering is offline

Default Saw Stop would have prevented this

On 4/19/2013 5:08 AM, Doug Miller wrote:
"Lew Hodgett" wrote in
eb.com:

[...]

If universal background check had been in place, the JP would
have lost his right to possess firearms as a result of becoming a convicted
felon, and both these senseless murders would have been avoided.

Nonsense. That has nothing at all to do with "universal background check". Convicted felons
*already* lose the right to possess firearms.

Proponents of gun control, such as yourself, insist that if we pass laws prohibiting the
possession of illegal guns, then nobody will have any illegal guns.

I'll believe that, as soon as you can show me that laws prohibiting the posssession of illegal
drugs have ensured that nobody has any illegal drugs.

I would be willing to bet good money than most legal gun owners would
become illegal gun owners before they would surrender their guns.