Posted to rec.woodworking
Just Wondering Just Wondering is offline

Default Saw Stop would have prevented this

On 4/19/2013 5:10 AM, Mike Marlow wrote:
Dave wrote:

It has been repeatedly proven that it takes constant training and
preparedness by people (those in law enforcement for example) to react
properly to on the spot gun shootings. You'd have your everyday
citizen armed and ready to pull out a gun and start shooting? Don't be
ridiculous.

That's something of an unfounded fear Dave. If that were the case, we would
see that problem alive and well at this time, but we don't. Your position
is arguing a fear that has not proven itself to be real.

It's more of a personality/character thing. There are regular news
stories of people without "constant training" who use their guns to
protect themselves, their homes and other people from violent crimes.

There are hundreds of thousands of people with concealed carry licenses,
and millions of people who have the right to open carry. Their numbers
are probably an order of magnitude greater than was true in the
so-called "Wild West" (which really wasn't so wild after all).
Q: How often do they "pull out a gun and start shooting?"
A: Never.